Beauty

This post is not about food but something that I wanted to share with you all.

I came across this status posted by one of my friend, Tsia Shu Wei on Facebook and I love what she wrote there:

"All my life, I've been trying to break through the society's confined boundary of how we should look, how we should dress, how we should talk or even how we should act.

I always wanted to define who I am through what God made me to be, and not through the eyes of man. I want to define my beauty because God made me this way, I want to define my dressings because I am comfortable in it, I want to define what I talk because it is the right thing to say and not because everyone retained that particular view, I want to define how I should act because that encourages others! Though I am still human and I will still be discouraged, but keep up hope that there are people in your life that appreciate your quirkiness, your awkwardness and your craziness!


If you so happen to feel discouraged, remember that there are people out there who do not want to restrict you in a certain mould. And I am deeply encouraged that the hosts in this video (about a 15 years old girl getting an extreme plastic surgery) acknowledge the fact that BEAUTY is DIVERSE.

And what do you do with diversity? You celebrate it of course :) "

1 comment: